Sunday, October 29, 2006

Getting to the Bottom of It All

I've been a little reluctant to go clothes shopping since my recent weight loss. (Well, not so recent; it's been over a year.) But I broke down a couple of weeks ago and hit the local Old Navy in search of a pair of jeans that actually fit. This is sort of a novelty for me, because I'm only about 5 feet tall, and pants hardly ever fit me.

Once in the dressing room, I found that the loss of 18 pounds has put me into a size 4 of something called the "short, low rise, curvy, boot cut" jean. Of course, I could give a rat's butt what they're called. They said "4," and so I bought them.

Then I stuck them in the closet. Until last Friday night, when Mike and I headed out for a party at the home of one of his work colleagues.

And as I stood on the front porch, a tray of homemade chocolate-covered strawberries in my hands, my husband grabbed my newly-teeny tushie and said: "Your ass looks great in those jeans."

It wasn't exactly a Hallmark moment, but that Canadian son of a bitch so got laid that night.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

You LUCKY woman!! I can't figure out whether I am green with envy over the size 4 jeans or that you got laid. Maybe both, now that I think about it! Is the party still on?

4:42 AM  
Blogger Riccie said...

Thanks for the smile :)

6:10 AM  
Blogger ann said...

Kate: ditto

11:57 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Haha. I guess your husband has scored some points after all!

I'm 5'4 and have issues getting jeans here since they are *all* at least 32 inch legs for some odd reason. *sigh*

3:59 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Don't be too green ... what I lack in the ass department is more than made up for in the "bore two kids, and have the abs to prove it" department.

Sigh. Back to the gym ...

7:10 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

A man who appreciates a good looking ass deserves to be laid. Now that you are a size 4 I can no longer talk to you. It has been wonderful and I have enjoyed the friendship but a size 4. That means you weigh like about 55 pounds. I was born bigger than a size 4. LOL. Good for you doll! :)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home