Friday, September 15, 2006

Toys, but not for Tots

Sorry that I've been MIA these last couple of weeks; the Back-to-School rollercoaster had a few extra twists in store. But I'm hoping to get myself back on a regular schedule, and to leave myself some "Mommy Time" for posting and other diversions.

The next such "diversion" is going to be an adults-only "Toy Party," which I'm planning to host in my home. This came about because - as it happens - I'm more sexually liberated in my mid-thirties than I ever was in my early twenties (read: dumb-ass self-conscious virgin), and my husband has proven himself up to the challenge. Altar boy, my ass!

I'm sure that there's an etiquette to this type of thing, and of course I can't invite just anybody in town. What would the PTA say? What would the Brownies say? What would my MOTHER say?

That's a real issue, as it turns out, because I think Mom might actually be interested in something like this ... and I'm scared shitless. Simply put: I have GOT to figure out a way to do this without having her attend. It was enough to have witnessed the PG-rated pawing that Dad subjected Mom to each night as she prepared his dinner. I don't need to know what the Modern Maturity version of sexual conduct looks like.

Nor does my Mother, whom I adore, need to watch me choose a vibrator.

Anyway, plans for "Project Orgasm" are well underway. I will keep you apprised.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

You go girl! After six years of celibacy, the vibrator thing sounds pretty good, never mind how it would fe - I can't say that!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Project Orgasm? Sounds like a plan!

I wonder if we could get Bobby Goren reassigned to the "Orgasm Taskforce"?

1:19 PM  
Blogger ann said...

Finn: Bobby's already there... at least that's what I call my favourite toy... it's my **bObBy bUnNy**

Grace: Wish I could be there... sounds like fun fun fun...

btw, your daddy sounds very much like my ex... never one to pass up the opportunity for a grope... he used to drive with one hand on the steering wheel and one hand.... hmmmmm.... memories... and he still dumped me... why????????????

Have a great weekend

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

2:29 PM  
Blogger Riccie said...

OMG what a post! I'm still laughing!
Hey...how do I get an invitation to said party...LOL! Enjoy it, Grace...hmmm...that doesn't sound right...hmmm...much success with your party :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I loved the line from Sex in the City when they are looking at vibrators and one of them comes with a remote and Carrie says: Just how lazy do you have to be. I almost wet myself laughing. I hope the party is wonderful. Invite your mom. :)

3:41 PM  
Blogger Axe said...

lol!!!
I wish I could attend,hon! I want the Vincent size. It's in a league of its own!!! I really need an orgasm urgently. Can't remember what its like....

Just set your mom up with something else that night and let it all hang out...***Pun intended***

BTW, Happy Birthday in Afrikaans is "Gelukkige Verjaarsdag".

2:36 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

YOU ARE MY HERO!

4:41 PM  
Blogger ann said...

tell me Grace the party's been and gone and you're too busy to post because...... (you fill in the missing words)

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home