Monday, July 31, 2006

Temp Outside: 95 Degrees
Temp Inside: Cooool!!

These are my little stinkers, on their first official visit to the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan. We saw dinosaur bones and a life-size model of a blue whale (no kidding). It's one of those New York childhood rites-of-passage; you live here, you go to the Natural History Museum. I was so excited to share it with them, because I still recall my own childhood trips there.

I'm taking the kids to Connecticut for a few days to visit my Mother- and Father-in-Law. Their son will not be accompanying us on this trip (he's working), but my in-laws are really missing the kids ... so off we go!

See you all on Friday!

5 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

Lovely pic of the kids.... gosh I remember so many happy trips to the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum with my lot when they were little. You're right, it is a rite of passage. Now the only thing I have to enjoy of the school holidays is halving my journey time to work.

Hope the children have fun with their grandparents and that they spoil you rotten too.

lotsa luv ann xxxxxxx

4:14 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Maddie and Thomas are so adorable. Have a wonderful time visiting the inlaws. Temp in Memphis is 100 plus so I can feel your pain! :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Sounds like everyone had a great day. When I was little my Dad took me to the Field Museum in Chicago....When I saw the dinosaur bones I ran out of the building screaming!!

I love Maddies shirt. Did you make it for her?

9:17 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Maddie got her shirt at a kiddie party we attended recently. It's air-brushed, I think, and she barely lets me get it washed before she asks to wear it again!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've stopped by to look at the picture many times (great pic, buy the way) and only today realized I hadn't yet added my two cents comment! Sorry! One of these years I would like to visit that museum as well. It sounds like it'd be a blast!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home