Friday, June 30, 2006

The Mother of All Divas

I went to see Madonna at Madison Square Garden last evening. It was a Mother's Day gift from my Mom - a nite out with my sisters and our favorite Aunt Theresa (she's the cool Aunt of your childhood; mom/dad's youngest sib, and the one who let you eat ice cream from the carton when she babysat).

So Madonna, being Madonna, decreed that there ought be no air conditioning for the 20K fans in attendance. Apparently, it's bad for the vocal chords. So we sweated, and she sweated, and I guess everyone got about what they expected.

And, may I just say: the personal trainers and dieticians who keep her looking and moving like that at 47 (and after the injury she recently suffered) are some sort of freaking magicians. Either that, or the woman has a sagging, wrinkled portrait hidden away in the attic of that English manor of hers ...

7 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

aaaah.... Dorian Gray..... you don't really think so.... do you?
Madonna is rather awesome... hmmm

lotsa luv ann xxxx

3:02 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

The Israelis have adopted Madonna as some sort of national hero... despite the fact that she refuses to tour here.

I'll take Depeche Mode instead :-)

3:30 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Finn: Maybe it's the Kabbala thing? You're better off, in any case. At one point, she sings "Live to Tell" whilst hanging from a cross.

Aunt Theresa thinks that, somewhere outside NYC, this may get her shot.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Grace: Yeah, the Kabbalah thing. And she did come here as a tourist a while ago. She just doesn't do concerts here for some unfathomable reason. Her latest single on the radio here has Hebrew in it.. I think it's called "Isaac"?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I have never liked Madonna but she really does look fab and I have heard that she puts on a great show. :)

8:04 PM  
Blogger ann said...

I won't knock Madonna as a terrific showman and artist and I actually love her music.... but the Kabbalah thing is a load of nonsense.

Firstly if she wanted to be Jewish she would convert and real Kabbalah scholars are rare; they are scholars and devout and only special people can study that form of mysticism at a level far beyond the average person's comprehension

What she has entered into is a money spinning operation and her kabbalah is far far removed from the real thing.

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, you are exactly right. I am a closet Madonna fan...her music makes me move my butt...but that's about it. I've never had any interest in seeing her perform, and I could care less about her attention-grabbing antics. But I have to give her kudos for her uncanny ability to keep people interested...it has paid off for her quite well.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home