Wednesday, June 14, 2006


Happy
Flag
Day!
Here's Thomas, enjoying the Flag Day celebration at Maddie's elementary school. I wish I'd photographed all of the flowers that our little hard-core PTA group planted on Monday afternoon ... they were a hit with the crowd.

Less popular were the giant welts on my wrist, where some demon insect bit me as I planted, and the angry red lines which radiate out from said welts and up my arms. I went to the Urgent Care Facility (read: "Doc in a Box") Tuesday evening, and the lovely physician's assistant there looked at my arm and said: "Oooh, you're gonna need to go to the ER for that!"

At the ER, they pumped me full of IV antibiotics and sent me home. Where it promptly got worse, and the pain in my elbow really began to concern me. And so, today, I went to see my lovely primary care physician (he really is). He gave me a shot in the ass of still more antibiotics, lest I wind up with sepsis (read: "blood poisoning") and croak.

Shit, and I thought the poison ivy was a pain ...

But, Happy Flag Day ... and thank God for antibiotics!

7 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

Well firstly Thomas is adorable.. but you, you poor thing, what a nightmare. Glad you're around to tell the tale. How's it feeling now?

lotsa luv ann xxxxxxx

2:24 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Yikes. I have really bad reactions to mosquito bites, but not as bad as you're describing. Glad you went to ER. Hope it's getting better now...

2:38 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

I'll let you know. My friend the nurse said I should be prepared for one more trip to the ER, because "that's TRULY ugly."

All this fuss over a spider bite! I must have unknowingly created some sort of karmic ripple ...

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my BB! Love the pictures...but I gotta say...you remind me of me in that if I wouldn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Thomas is a doll. What a beauty. I hate spiders. I hope you are feeling better.:(

6:18 PM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Talk about no good deed going unpunished! Prayers for a speedy return to health!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Update us on how you are feeling. Stupid spiders. :)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home