Thursday, June 15, 2006

Alive!

Okay, so the dreaded blood poisoning never materialized, and those nasty red streaks on my arms are fading away as we speak. Which means that, thanks to concerned family and friends (and three kinds of antibiotics), I'm going to live. And that's good news.

Thanks so very much for the good wishes and prayers; it all means so much!

And, as I've just recently been reminded, we women ignore our own health and well-being far too often. So: listen to your body, take your medicine, be your own health advocate, and get sufficient rest. The laundry will wait, for crying out loud. Your family, friends, kids and grandkids need you more than they know.

The alternative, as I've recently discovered, is enough antibiotics to trigger The Mother of All Yeast Infections.

10 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

Well let's all thank G-d you are alive and well and kicking. It's strange how we need the antibiotics to kill one lot of bacteria, only to find other things follow in their wake, you poor thing.

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! I quite agree with Ann...please take good care of yourself.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Whenever my Dr. prescribes antibiotics for me I also have her prescribe for the yeast infection I know I will get. If men had to go through a tenth of what us women do.....well that is a story for another day.

So glad that you are better. I am so fearful of spiders and I have really been concerned.

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Thanks ... I'm feeling so much better now that the red streaks are gone and the swelling is down.

But I'm going to take your advice and have the doc prescribe some Diflucan ...

:)

12:15 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

No idea. "Likely" a spider, is what the docs have said.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Grace Em is deathly afraid of spiders. They are a huge problem in Memphis because of the weather. We always have the house and yard treated and they set spider traps in places around the house so when they do their quarterly spray they can see if we have a problem. We usually do not have a problem other than the odd spider. One year the guy stupidly mentioned infront of Emily that one of the sticky traps had two spiders in it and he was going to do an extra treatment. Em announced that we were moving. I don't think she slept well for days. We hate spiders. I am so happy you are better. :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger ann said...

spiders don't bother me, but maybe our common and garden british variety is far tamer than your lot... everything in the U.S. is bigger and better

5:31 AM  
Blogger nifer said...

Glad your better. jen xx

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Only two things in life I'm afraid of......Heights and Spiders. Or maybe that should be......Spiders and Heights.

Happy you're feeling better.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Axe said...

Honey! I didn't even know you were down for the count! I'm very happy you have recovered.

One dead animal per season in your yard, is more than enough!! LOL!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home