Friday, June 23, 2006

Wacky (Tacky) Wisdom

Every once in a while I'll recall some piece of sage wisdom from my childhood, or some comedic bit from college or law school that gave me a good giggle. It's usually a pro pos of nothing, but I've never before had a place to share these little pearls. So here's the first of what I hope will be many bits of Wacky, yet oddly Tacky, Wisdom.

Recently, a dear friend who underwent a double mastectomy began the painful reconstructive process. So we've been discussing boobs a lot, and in particular the size her new ones ought to be (I'm just awed at the prospect that you could have two which are roughly the same size and shape). Her husband thinks that her slim frame deserves a whole new look, and so he's pushing for his dream: D cups. And I was reminded of a piece of a comedy routine I heard years ago. If I could recall the source, I'd credit him. It goes a little like this:

"In Paris, they say that the perfect sized breast should fill a champagne glass.

In Brooklyn, it should clog a toilet."

I don't know why I find that funny, but I do.

10 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

... they also say anything more than a handful is a waste ...

... guess I need a man with big hands ...

... vincent, I'm over here ...

lotsa luv ann xxxx

12:34 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning! Thinking of you as you get ready for VBS and wishing you fun, laughter and a great time with the kids!
K+

5:29 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

Ha!

Thanks for that, Grace :-)

9:03 AM  
Blogger ann said...

... please can someone put me out of my misery... what is VBS?

9:26 AM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Vacation Bible School. It's a one-week (usually) program of crafts and etc., loosely connected to some Biblical lessons. :)

Of course, I'm half an atheist, so it's sort of strange for me to be teaching. But I do what the books say and have fun with the kids. I always tell myself that it's more important to have volunteered and been a part of it than to have stayed home and criticized.

11:01 AM  
Blogger ann said...

thank you for the lesson

lotsa luv ann xxxxxx

11:48 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I always heard they should fit comfortably in your lover's hand. Learn something new everyday. I hope that whatever choice your friend makes that they help her get through what I am sure is a difficult situation. :)

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here at my laptop laughing...my first thought: Ahh we Americans...how wasteful we love to be! And I do wish your friend well.

8:27 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Riccie!! You've nailed it, as usual: so very American! (And, I'm loath to admit, so very Italian-American!)

As in: "more is MORE!"

6:03 AM  
Blogger Axe said...

Doesn't VINCENT hail from Brooklyn?
Hmm, explains a lot!

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home