Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Gift that Keeps on Giving ...

Is Poison Ivy, just in case you were wondering. It's two weeks of itchy, weepy awfulness that makes me want to run screaming to Alaska (where, my childish brain assumes, they have none of the demon weed).

But here on Long Island, we're positively lousy with the stuff. Which is why I always ask Michael (who seems to be immune) to pull it out of the ground for me. And that's exactly what he did yesterday. He pulled it all out -- bye, bye, nasty buggers!!

Except that this morning I awoke with a bloom of red itchy welts across both butt cheeks and down the back of one thigh. Which means the following: (1) henceforth, we will be hiring a professional to remove the offending plants; (2) my husband needs to be re-educated in the area of personal hygiene; and (3) thank God my sweet love is an ass man, because I cannot imagine walking around with a pair of Caladryl-crusted tits through half of August.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BB, I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you! Poison ivy just plain sucks...what a cr*ppy ending for summertime for you!

8:16 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

You have had your share this summer - that horrible spider bite and now the poison ivy! Glad you are able to keep a sense of humor and hoping that you are un-itchy and calomine lotion free soon!

11:50 AM  
Blogger ann said...

I know you are in pain and I am so sorry, but thank you Grace... you have just made me laugh for the first time in days ;>)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh no you must feel miserable. Hope hubby is at least having sympathy itching.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Yikes. I've never come across poison ivy.. Don't even know if we have it in Scotland or Israel. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Hope you recover quickly - that must really suck.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Grace: I absolutely adore you. You can make me laugh on a dime. So sorry about the poison ivy. I can remember growing up and having that and poison sumack (wrong spelling I am sure) growing rampant in our yard. They had to burn it out. Hubby owes you big. I mean BIG. I am sending you a big cyber hug and a little scrath. :)

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home