Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Men Suck

Sorry. It's just that I was halfway out the door to the Bridal Shower from hell (three hours away and in another state), when I noticed something in the back of our SUV, peeking out from behind the suitcases and the eighty-eight hand-made shower favors I'd spent days putting together.

Golf clubs.

I closed my eyes and rapidly shook my head, the way you might if you were convinced you'd seen a ghost. But when I re-opened my eyes, they were still there.

And that, dear ladies, is how my husband advised me that he'd elected to completely abdicate his paternal responsibilities, and not watch our son while I helped host a shower for the biggest, most pregnant bitch in Connecticut.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

I'll have to confess that "golf" is the only four letter word I find offensive. Have you considered hitting husband over the head with them?

12:25 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

He's leaving us Friday morning for a four-day, family-less golf vacation in Myrtle Beach. I can't decide whether to simply be happy that I won't have to cook during that time, or to change the locks and file for divorce.

Any suggestions?

1:21 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Eek!

I have to second the idea of whacking him with a four-iron.

Or casually mentioning that there wil be male strippers at the bridal shower.

2:46 PM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

On days like these, I just have to remind myself:

The Life Insurance pays triple if his plane crashes on the way home.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I am surprised he is still alive. Golf. Typical. :)

3:07 PM  
Blogger ann said...

kate... another four letter word I find offensive is "diet"

oh Grace... and I thought you had a perfect one there... hmmmmm!!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

and he got pissy that you didn't ask about babysitting the damn dog?! Really? As if leaving the family to play the world's dumbest game was not 10,000 times worse than inviting a dog into the house for a while without running it by him first. Harumph. I hope you buy way more products than you had planned at Your Very Special Party and WAY BIGGER, too, with a casual off-hand remark in his presence about the "nice change of pace."

8:44 AM  
Blogger Riccie said...

***thinking out loud***
Hmmmm....the single life is becoming more and more appealing...

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home