Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Our Passion Party ...

... is set for Friday night, November 3rd. My children will be having a sleepover in the next town (lest some killjoy feel the need to phone Child Protective Services and report me), and my husband will be hiding under the bed in the Master Bedroom whilst my ladyfriends and I test-drive various and sundry "equipment" intended to scare the bejesus out of our suburban husbands.

I cannot wait. I'm serving shrimp cocktail and chocolate-covered strawberries and something with whipped cream. I'm also providing a taxi service to my girlfriends, so that they can have every bit as much fun as they'd like (and drink all of the alcohol I intend to provide for the occasion), without fear of crashing their mini-vans on the way home.

My friends "H" and "J" have announced that their husbands would like to attend, but there's no way I'm allowing that. After all, I was a virgin until I was twenty-one (that Catholic shit is hardcore), and these things require small, incremental steps. So: NO MEN. Besides, this is about women, and self-expression, and coaxing an orgasm out of your but-honey-Tiger-Woods-is-about-to-clinch-it lifepartner.

This is better than freaking Christmas ... and I haven't even seen the naughty stuff yet!

16 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

oh you will love it... not that I've ever been to one of these... my friends are very tight lipped pseudo intellectual snobs and I'm not sure the word orgasm has ever crept into a conversation... hmmmm... sometimes I wonder if they've ever had one

believe it or not it was my ex husband who introduced me to these things ... he taught me everything he knew ;>)

1:46 AM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

Lucky girl!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Axe said...

I've been to one of those!! And I was among total strangers!!!! Just got a random invitation. I wonder if how they knew I was...like THIS...LOL!

You're gonna love it! (Send me a Vincent size "gift", okay, Grace?)

6:35 AM  
Blogger ann said...

Grace... not a lucky girl anymore :>(

he's servicing someone else and no one is servicing me... sniff sniff sniff

7:05 AM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

AXE: You can count on it!

ANN: There are companies out there that will "build" you the perfect partner ... you provide the specifications, they do the rest!

10:37 AM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Oh Grace - I envy you and your friends! This party is going to be a blast - in more ways than one. Send the name of the company who builds the perfect partner to custom specifications. I have fought and fought it for the last six years, but now I am going to admit is just isn't my husband's wry humor, first-rate brain and partnership in raising the boys I miss. I miss his whippet-like suppleness in bed, the taste of his skin and the electric shock of dancing the tango with him and continuing the dance all night long. OMG - I can't believe I just wrote this - blushing, blushing, blushing - nice contrast to the clerical collar, Kate! On my way to the women's locker room for a cold shower . . .

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Oh I'm Blushing!!! I really have to get over this 'Nice Girl From Nebraska Thing'!

Hope you have a blast.....*Details Details*

2:20 PM  
Blogger ann said...

Kate it's been that long for me too.... hells bells ..... and I miss it, miss it, miss it

Bobby thank you for coming into my life... you don't have a clue how much you've helped me... grinning

2:35 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

can you do an online portion of the party? you know, for the rest of us gals?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Riccie said...

Yeah...I'm with Jen. It's been a little while for me...and sometimes needs get pressing...or need to be pressed (Oh my, can I really say stuff like that?) I'm just so curious about this type of stuff...kinda scard about it, too. But I'm game to learn!

10:15 PM  
Blogger ann said...

... is it hot in here ....

5:25 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Have fun with it Gracie. :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

this is how paranoid I am--how would you hide the stuff well enough so that it would NEVER NOT EVER be found in case you suddenly dropped dead or got raided by the police? Seriously, that's my one hesitation...I am so pathetic.

7:01 AM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

The answer is that you can't. I'll just have to (1) live forever; (2) prepare my Mom for what she'll find in "the dirty drawer" if she's required to settle my estate; and/or (3) offer the police a demo in exchange for a promise not to prosecute.

:)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Better question is: What do you say when your teen goes into your bedroom searching for something else while you are not home and finds a "toy"! I know the answer to that question!

Grace: Update us on the party. :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger ann said...

if I drop dead tomorrow and my kids find them... I'll be laughing in my grave... why shouldn't they know their mother had needs and I think it's all perfectly normal.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home