Monday, April 17, 2006

Never Mind ...

I spent Easter week (and week-end) chatting up friends and family about what is or should be "typical" with regard to my oft-discussed sexual problem. (For you newbies: lack of frequency.)

I love my husband; I really do. He's created an amazing life for me and for our children, and he puts up with just about all of my quirks. Plus, he tolerates the family. And I know you know what that's worth. It's just that I was, let's say, desiring something more than what I've been getting when it comes to sex.

So what I found out this week was surprising, and a little painful. Apparently, three-to-four times weekly is right where we ought to be "at our age" and with kids the ages our kids are (three and five), and I'M the one with the problem. My sister actually struck me on the arm ("What are you, a freakin' rabbit?"). That was the "pain" part of the revelation.

So that's it. No more complaining. And a big jucy porterhouse this evening for the man of the house. It seems he's earned it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

who the hell cares what average or mean is; so what about what goes on in a perfect world--I don't live there. If he's not meeting your needs, he's not meeting your needs. Don't make do, you dserve better and if you don't figure out a way to make things better with him, eventually, you'll look elsewhere. Don't ask me how I know this.

8:07 AM  
Blogger bogusboobs said...

I believe you ... and thanks for understanding. I don't know where "Perfect" is, either, and I've never felt "average!"

Hope all is well with you ... I keep checking for the progress of your hiatus.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I don't think you should care a twit about what other people say is the norm. The norm is whatever you are comfortable with and whether your desires are being met. Make him the steak but address with him your needs.

I still say we should all be coming to your house nightly for dinner. You are always cooking wonderful things. :)

1:37 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I agree, who cares what is 'normal' for other people, or what other people think. You are a busy woman. Wife, Mother, Attorney, Daughter, Sister. Lots of demands, you shouldn't have to put your needs on the back burner.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Axe said...

I always say: If you crave it, your body needs it.

You do the math...

7:32 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

I'm with DNY: we're coming over to your place for dinner.

I just made my man pancakes, but I think he'd prefer the steak ;-)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:05 AM  
Blogger eliza said...

Who wants to be average??? I know we've gone through down times,so I'm hoping that's all it is for you too. It's hard when the kids are small though,that little voice demanding drinks or the potty tends to put you off a bit :)

Eliza xxxxx

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the rest. These studies that come out telling us what is 'average' really grate on my nerves. Everyone is different. What also tees me off is that it is so easy for us women to lay there and 'pretend' when we really don't want it. But, if your guy doesn't want it, 'it ain't happening'. Unfair!

4:16 AM  
Blogger ann said...

I love this topic, such a sweet and long ago memory. Whatever average is means some are doing it less and some are doing it more... and some of us are not doing it at all... boo hoo hoo :o((

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home