Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Language of Christmas

I recall (back in the days when I was young and dating) hearing lots of talk about "The Language of Flowers." You know, the manner in which one might creatively express respect (daffodils), affection (red chrysanthemum) and virginity (orange blossom), to name a very few.

So, on this Christmas morning, as I opened the gifts which my dear husband had lovingly chosen for me, I just had to ask myself: "What sort of message am I to infer from a Daisy Seal?"

Okay, so it's not exactly a flower. More like a superheated foodsaver device. But it's got that "Daisy" bit in the title, only without the usual connotation of "childhood innocence."

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what he meant to convey with the purple bikini underpants and the push-up bra. It's just ... vacuum-packed leftovers? What's up with that?

6 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Ah, after he deals with you in the purple stuff, he wants you right back in the kitchen where you belong...
little woman! LOL Aren't husbands funny?

9:36 AM  
Blogger ann said...

I think Claire hit the nail perfectly on the head... it's the domestic goddess thingy ~ angel in the kitchen, devil in bed

lotsa luv ann xxxx

p.s. I hope you and your daisy seal will be very happy

2:50 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I agree with both the ladies and might I also suggest that you start making a list for Santa in the future. Happy New Year Gracie. :) Jill

http://criminalmindsfanatic.blogspot.com/

8:35 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

I have no idea what that even is... fortunately my man does the cooking around here (although I seem to do everything else).

12:05 PM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

Right behind Claire, Ann and Jill - I guess he wants to let you know that you satisfy his two most basic needs? Chris and I made a "gift pact" when we got married - NO APPLIANCES or practical presents. Perhaps you and Mike might negeotiate the same?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Riccie said...

LOL
Men. What else can I add?

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home