Sunday, December 17, 2006

Holiday Wishes
Mike and I attended the company's annual Holiday Party on Saturday night. It was a nice opportunity for me to catch up with the wives of his engineer colleagues. We all have the same look: "He was cute when I married him, I swear!"

Just kidding. (Mike's still sort of cute; he has all of his hair, and his pocket protector has been permanently retired.)

I'm happy to report that I did nothing to embarass my husband, and I was completely sober throughout the evening. On the flipside, I was repeatedly assaulted by geeky engineer-types who thought it positively hysterical to sneak up behind me, place an ice-cold bottle of beer against my shoulderblades, and watch me leap for the chandeliers. Mike was drunk off his six-foot arse, and so was unavailable to come to my rescue.

Note to self: next year, no bare shoulders. Second note to self: next year, taser!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Hmmmm, Geeky-engineer types placing cold beer bottles against your bare shoulders?! What's that saying from childhood....When a boy on the playground punches a girl in the arm, it means he has a crush on her!

Happy Holiday's to you and your family.

9:32 PM  
Blogger The Rev. Dr. Kate said...

You survied with you dignity intact and that is the important part. I am sure all the men there - geeky or not - were able to appreciate the beauty that is yours! I hope Mike did - and that he appreciated your staying sober in the midst of geeks to make sure you both got home safely!

4:28 AM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

I bet your husband was so proud to have you by his side. He is such a lucky man. I go you, Mike and the kids have a wonderful Christmas. Take lots of pictures. :)

5:39 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

I bet Bobby Goren is hell at Xmas parties too...

8:03 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Went to my hubby's work party sat. too. It was the standard meet n' greet, eat dinner, listen to a lame DJ, go home. Except everyone got great bonuses this year-- so everyone was really happy!! Plus I made the DJ play a RHCP song, all the old folk grimaced, all the young'uns said "yippee!"
Have a fabulous and Merry Christmas!

4:33 PM  
Blogger ann said...

okay... I'm back... tell me about the Israeli already!!!!

lotsa luv ann xxxx


p.s. Mike is kinda cute... but you're cuter

p.p.s. hope the holidays were brill

2:18 PM  
Blogger l'oreal said...

hey, i just stumbled across your blog. cute picture of you and your husband! :) you two look so happy

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home